Student Services | 鶹ý


New Classes Begin July 1st. Registration Now Open! I'M READY!

Student Services




Interested in studying with us as an overseas international (F1) student, transfer student, or change of status student? Check out the guide below for more information!

Please contact us if you have any other questions regarding your status.

F-1 International Students

STEP 1: Apply to 鶹ý

Complete and submit your application online to 鶹ý. The non-refundable application fee is $160.

Please Note! Students who receive a visa approval and enter the United States with an AEC I-20, must study with our institute for at least 1 quarter. By submitting an application, you understand that not doing so will result in failure to maintain status.

STEP 2: Form I-20

You will receive your Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant [F-1] Student Status) by mail.

Please verify that the following information is correct, and sign the Form I-20.

STEP 3: I-901 (SEVIS) Fee

Pay the I-901 (SEVIS) fee . Failure to pay this will result in delays in your F-1 visa.

  • You will need your SEVIS number from your Form I-20.
  • Print the I-901 Fee Confirmation (receipt) and bring it with you to the visa interview.

鶹ý can also process your I-901 Fee on your behalf.

  • Please send payment of 385.00 to 鶹ý; included is the charge of $35.00 for processing.
  • AEC will send the I-901 Fee Confirmation (receipt) to you along with your Form I-20.

STEP 4: F-1 Visa Application

Complete, and print a confirmation of the .

Pay the visa application fee, and print the payment receipt for your records.

STEP 5: Visa Interview

Schedule your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country of permanent residence and follow their instructions to schedule an interview for your F-1 visa.

A list of U.S. Consulates and Embassies can be found at

On the day of your visa interview, please bring the following:

  • Passport (must be valid for at least six months from your arrival date in the US)
  • One 2x2 inch passport photograph
  • Form I-20, provided by 鶹ý and signed by student
  • Confirmation of Form DS-160: NonImmigrant Visa Application, and receipt of payment
  • Receipt of I-901 payment
  • Financial evidence that shows you have sufficient funds to cover all expenses (>$18,000.00)
    1. Any ONE of the following is acceptable:
      • Current personal bank statement
      • , and bank statement from the sponsor showing sufficient ability to cover the students expenses
      • Scholarship letter from your government
  • Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions

You will need to declare your intent to study in the United States, show you will have proper housing, and is financially capable to support your educational costs.

STEP 6: Arrival in the United States

Upon receiving an F-1 visa, you must complete a tuition deposit for your academic program. This allows us to provide you proof of academic registration, and ensures an easier transition upon arrival. All students must report to school within seven (7) days of arrival to the United States.

If you need to defer your start date, please contact your student advisor immediately.

During registration, be prepared to pay for tuition, student services, and any other course materials.

Transfer (F-1) Students

Are you currently studying in the United States, and thinking about transferring to another English school, like 鶹ý? Here is some information to make the transfer easy!

F-1 visa students studying at a school in the United States are eligible to transfer schools. However, you must follow specific procedures to maintain your F1 status and successfully transfer your SEVIS record.

STEP 1: Apply to 鶹ý

Complete and submit your?application online?to 鶹ý. The application fee is $160.

Provide the following required documents to prepare your transfer:

  • Copy of your passport
  • Current Form I-20
  • Copy of U.S. F-1 visa
  • Completed?AEC Transfer-in Form
  • Financial evidence that shows you have sufficient funds to cover all expenses (>$18,000.00)
    1. Any ONE of the following is acceptable:
      • Current personal bank statement
      • , and bank statement from the sponsor showing sufficient ability to cover the students expenses
      • Scholarship letter from your government
  • Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions
  • Contact information from your current school

STEP 2: Tell Your Current School You Would Like to Transfer

Notify your current school's Designated School Official about your transfer request. Please also provide them the following:

  • Your AEC Acceptance Letter
  • AEC Transfer-In Form

Please Note!?It's important to ask your current school about their transfer out process. We will also contact your current school to successfully transfer your I-20 record. Once your SEVIS record has been transferred to 鶹ý, you must report to school and register for class prior to your start date.

STEP 3: New Form I-20

Once you have enrolled for class, you can pick up your new Form I-20 at the main office.

Change of Status Students

Are you currently in the United States as a visitor (B-1 / B-2 visa) or other visa status (J-1, E-1, etc.) and thinking about changing to become a student (F-1)? Please contact AEC to discuss your case in more detail.

STEP 1: Apply to 鶹ý

Complete and submit your application online to 鶹ý. The application fee is $160.

STEP 2: Discuss your Change of Status Situation

Each student's case is different, so contacting earlier allows us to spend more time preparing your case (at no extra cost).?

Please Note! We spend extra time and care on our students, and work with our highly experience in-house Immigration Attorney for our cases. If you have your own legal assistance, you will only need an I-20 from 鶹ý. Contact us for the full list of required fees and expectations.?

STEP 3: Collect your Required Documents

Once you have spoken to our student advisor and paid all fees, AEC will prepare a Change of Status Action Plan that fits your visa timeline, and assist you through the entire process C from preparing documents to timely submissions to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

  • Passport Copy (in Color)
  • Student's Visa (non-F1) + Visa Stamp (in Color)
  • Form I-94
  • Most Recent Transcript or Diploma (with English Translations)
  • Student's Bank Statement showing $18,000 USD (with English Translations)
  • Proof of Residence in Home Country (e.g. Real Estate Deed, Employment Letter, Bank Document with address, or other legal documents with address)
  • Proof of Residence in the USA (a letter from the person with whom you are sharing the house, confirming your stay)

Please contact the AEC campus near you to learn more!


Applicants Bringing (F-2) Dependents

You will need to apply for an F-2 visa for any dependents who will stay in the U.S. with you.

As an F-2 spouse, you may engage in part time study. If you wish to study full time, you recommend requesting for an Change of Status to F-1 visa. An F-2 child may only engage in full time elementary or secondary school (kindergarten through twelfth grade) study.

When applying for an F-2 visa, the student will need to provide the following documents and payment for issuance of the F-2 Form I-20:

  • Completed F-2 Application Form. Non-Refundable F-2 Processing Fee of $160 per dependent.
  • Copy of Dependents Passport
  • Proof of the students relationship to his/her spouse and/or children
    (e.g. marriage and birth certificates.)
  • Financial evidence that shows you have sufficient funds to cover all expenses for yourself and your dependents

It is preferred that families apply for F-1 and F-2 visas at the same time. If the spouse and children must apply at a later time, they should bring a copy of the F-1 holders passport and visa, along with all other required documents with them to the visa interview.


鶹ý provides airport pick-up and drop-off to the following destinations:

  • Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), or other local L.A. airports
  • 鶹ý campuses
  • Your arranged accommodation

Requests can be made at the submittal of your application, or 5 business days prior to your arrival. To arrange for this service, please complete the form in the link below.

The fee for airport pick-up and drop-off is $150 each way.

Request Pickup


鶹ý can provide and find you reliable and safe housing thats tailored to your preferences through homestay and private housing.


Homestay: A unique opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the culture, and practice English outside of class through living with an American host family. All host families and rooms undergo a thorough inspection prior to approval, guaranteeing our students are comfortable and safe. We carefully match each student with a suitable family to provided a home away from home during their time at AEC.

  • Homestay Processing Fee
  • Placement Fee (Non-refundable) $350
  • Security Deposit (Refundable) $200
  • Homestay Options (choose one) Fee
  • Private Room Only $775 - $950 / month
  • Private Room with Meals (Breakfast and Dinner) $1,200 - $1,400 / month

Request Housing


We recommend all students to purchase health insurance while studying in the United States. Having health coverage will help protect you from high, unexpected costs while ensuring quality and affordable medical assistance when necessary.

Upon registration, students can purchase health insurance at 鶹ý. Students who do not wish to purchase health insurance are required to provide proof of medical evidence from a third party and sign a health insurance waiver.

Health insurance pricing will vary by age C starting at $109 per month. For exact pricing, please contact your Student Advisor.

Contact Us


The International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP) is a 90-minute, on-demand English language assessment for college and university or high school admissions.

Graded in 24 hours and backed by a team of ESL professionals, the iTEP exam provides fast, comprehensive results at your convenience. Each iTEP exam evaluates grammar, listening, reading, writing, and speaking with score ranging from 0-6.

  • iTEP SLATE-Plus: Designed for high schools, middle schools, and boarding school admissions
  • iTEP Academic-Plus: Designed for universities, and community colleges admissions

iTEP Exam (Slate-plus or Academic-plus): $129 each exam

Private Lessons

AEC has an extensive network of experienced tutors specializing in ESL, Test Prep and Professional English. With one-on-one private tutoring, your tutor will focus on achieving your language goals.

Students can start out with an 1-hour trial class before committing to an hourly package.

  • Class Schedule and Location: Flexible based on your preference
  • Course Level: True Beginner - Advanced
  • Textbooks and Materials: Starting at $25; subject to change based on personal learning goals
  • Language Goals: General Life Skills + Travel, Workplace + Professional English, College Prep, Test Prep (TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP)
  • Pricing: Starting at $60 per hour

Please note, F-1 students must first fulfil their study requirements with an academic program at a minimum of 18 hours per week.

Request Private Lessons


Main Campus

111 N. Atlantic Blvd., Suite 112 Monterey Park, CA 91754
Tel: (626) 457-2800 Email:
Hours: Mon-Fri (9AM-4PM)
Online Hours: 24/7

Branch Campus

18888 Labin Court, Suite B211 Rowland Heights, CA 91748
Tel: (626) 820-9138 Email:
Hours: Mon-Fri (9AM-4PM)
Online Hours: 24/7

SACM Approved ESL Program

鶹ý is a Saudi Arabia Cultural Mission (SACM) approved institution, with experience working with sponsored international students.



Copyright (c) 2024


All Rights Reserved